The Junior School Choir and Chamber Choir are both extremely popular. The Chamber Choir has enjoyed success at the Kettering Eisteddfod.
A wide variety of individual instrumental lessons are taught by visiting peripatetic music teachers, including violin, guitar, singing, kit percussion, cello, brass, woodwind and piano.
A weekly recorder club offers children the opportunity to learn to play the instrument and to be able to perform in assemblies or informal concerts.
A drama club runs as an after school activity and we arrange theatre visits for our children during the year.
Speech and drama lessons which lead to the English Speaking Board examination are offered to all pupils.
All children participate in our Christmas production, usually a pantomime, encouraging a real team spirit and there are other occasions throughout the year for children to showcase their hard work and talent..
Parents’ support and encouragement are always valued at these events.
Sport is taught every day, with swimming lessons every week all year round. Ballet is taught to children in Kits and Squirrels.
Each class teacher arranges at least one out of school visit per term to enhance their pupils’ curricular studies.
An annual activity camp is organised for the whole of the School comprising:
- two days of outdoor activities (including Forest School) for the EYFS and KS1
- three days of physical activities for Year 3
- a three day residential activity camp for J4 at the Rock UK Centre in Irthlingborough
- a three day residential activity camp for J5 at the Hollowford Centre in Derbyshire
- a four day residential activity camp for J6 at the Black Mountain Centre in Wales